1. Upon arrival to International Airport Mariscal Sucre.
The best transportation options to your hotel or other destination are:
- Authorized taxis from lines or stands. Be sure to have the exact address of your destination
- Airport bus from lines or stands will take you to 4 main points of the city.
- If a prearranged driver is picking you up, make sure you have his name to avoid confusions.
- Do Not use Uber from the Airport.
2. During your stay in Quito
General Security Recommendations
- People on bikes or walking at night are a common target for armed robbery.
- Try to use ATMS, only in banks or malls. Not on the streets.
- Uber is the best option to move around the city.
- Only buy food and drinks in restaurants, bars, hotels or supermarkets.
- Avoid visiting parks at night. Its safer during the day.
3. Where to stay
- • W Marriott Hotel Quito, Avenida Francisco de Orellana 1172 Y. Phone No: 593/22972000
- • Swissotel Quito, Av 12 de Octubre, y 1820. Phone No: 593/22567600
- • Le Parc Hotel Boutique, Republica De El Salvador N34-349 Irlanda. Phone No: 593/22276800
Airbnb is also a good option in Quito.
- Stubel Suites & Café Pasaje Stubel, #1, C/Rafael León Larrea. Phone No: 593 / 2 601 349
- Reina Isabel, Av. Amazonas N23-44 y Veintimilla. Phone No: 593 / 2 2544 454
- Hoteal Finlandia, Finlandia N35-129 y Suecia. Phone No: 593 / 2 382 0860
In case of emergencies Police: 593-2447070
Travel Security Strategies LATAM: +57 32 0490 46 49 – Jorge Mario Garcia
CONTACT US at: [email protected],
Embassy listing: https://embassy-finder.com/es/in_quito_ecuador
Hospitals in green zones
- Hospital Metropolitano: Av Mariana de Jesús s/n y Nicolás Arteta.
- Hospital de Los Valles: Av Interoceánica Km 12 1/2 y Florencia Cumbaya – Pichincha.
4. When leaving to the airport
The best option is Uber Black. If not, an authorized taxi called from your hotel or place where you stay.